Aktrion receive SafeContractor accreditation
Aktrion are pleased to announce that they have been awarded accreditation from Safecontractor for its commitment to achieving excellence in health and safety. Safecontractor is a leading third party accreditation scheme which recognises very high standards in health and safety management amongst UK contractors.More ▶
New contract for BMW Engines
Aktrion and Gasser created a joint venture, Aktrion Gasser Ltd, so as to provide BMW with a comprehensive service for inspection and rework of all incoming components that includes laser and weld technology for the repair of castings. The contract is for 3 Years with an option for a further 2 Years and will cover BMW’s 4 and 6 cylinder engines and the new 3 cylinder engine.
Aktrion buys out remaining 49% of Alpha FM Ltd
Following the acquisition of 51% of Alpha FM Ltd in 2010 as part of Aktrion’s expansion into the food & drink sector, Aktrion have now acquired the remaining 49% as planned in the original agreement. Keith Nathan remains as Managing Director with Alpha FM, now rebranded as Aktrion Food & Drink. Since the acquisition of the original 51% in mid-2010, Alpha FM has more than doubled its sales volume and continues to expand at this rate as the range of services and management resources are developed under Aktrion.
New operation in Brazil
In late 2012, Aktrion Automotive formally opened the new operation in Brazil with a view to expanding the services to customers and providing them with improved geographical coverage. Aktrion has been operating in Brazil since 2009, but now has offices in Curitiba and St. Joseph of the Pines and is looking to expand in the medium term to Minas Gerais and other states and also be the base of operations for the Argentine market. Currently Aktrion meets the needs of the major OEM located in the State of Parana, Brazil performing engineering, quality, logistics and machining services.
Aktrion Group not only now operates throughout Europe, but also in North and South America and in China, India and South East Asia through local partnership/licencing agreements.
Aktrion Automotive signs Partnership Agreement for Turkey
In November 2012, Aktrion Automotive formally signed a partnership with Contract Group based in Bursa, Turkey. The agreement means that Aktrion can provide a more comprehensive and local service support offering in Turkey, where the automotive sector continues to grow. This is particularly important for our client base supplying the many OEM’s in Turkey.